SCI Foundation Raises More Than $62,000 to Benefit Foundation Programs Including the International Wildlife Museum
Close to 250 Safari Club International members and SCI Foundation supporters gathered Friday evening August 23, 2013, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the International Wildlife Museum and over two decades of conservation education in the Tucson, Arizona area. The museum is dedicated to increasing knowledge of and appreciation for the diverse wildlife of the world, as well as explaining the role of wildlife management in conservation. Young and old alike can enjoy dioramas depicting wild animals in their natural settings, videos, interactive computers, and hands-on exhibits that promote wildlife appreciation and conservation.
Founded in 1988, the museum highlights over 400 species from around the globe. Some of the collections are more than 100 years old and all the animals found at the museum were donated by various government agencies, wildlife rehabilitation centers, captive breeding programs, zoos and individuals.
“The International Wildlife Museum reaches about 55,000 people annually---including over 20,000 school-aged children,” says Bob Benson, Executive Director of Safari Club International Foundation. “A host of displays, interactive exhibits, and educational programs help explain the role hunting plays in science-based, sustainable-use wildlife conservation.”
During the program several people spoke about the history and work of the SCI Foundation and the International Wildlife Museum. Museum officials shared the need to support their annual budget and upgrade equipment for their audio and visual capabilities.
“SCI Foundation relies on the support of generous donors and sponsors to help fund our mission-based programs including the important educational outreach of the International Wildlife Museum,” said Benson. “When our members heard about the need for funds to improve the museum, they stepped up in support and gave graciously to the educational efforts of the International Wildlife Museum.”
The 25th anniversary was held in conjunction with the SCI Board meetings. In addition, SCI chapter presidents from all over the world were in attendance for meetings and training. “The Gala celebration was an outstanding event,” said SCI Foundation President Joe Hosmer. “We were pleased so many members could be here to enjoy it.”
About the SCI Hunters’ Convention:
Safari Club expects upwards of 24,000 international hunters to visit
Las Vegas, Nevada, February 5-8, 2014. The SCI Hunters’ Convention represents
the largest and most successful event to raise money for advocacy to protect hunters’ rights. The 2014 Hunters’ Convention will be the largest in the organization’s history with nearly a million square feet of exhibits and 2,500 vendors.
Becoming an SCI Member:
Joining Safari Club International is the best way to be an advocate for continuing our hunting heritage and supporting worldwide sustainable use conservation, wildlife education and humanitarian services.
Like SCI Foundation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SCIFOUNDATIONCONSERVATION
Join SCI Foundation on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SCIFoundation
Learn more today at http://FirstForWildlife.wordpress.com
Safari Club International Foundation (SCI Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that funds and manages worldwide programs dedicated to wildlife conservation, and outdoor education. Since 2000, SCIF has provided over $50 million to these causes around the world.
Washington, District of Columbia • Ottawa, Canada • Tucson, Arizona
www.safariclub.org • www.safariclubfoundation.org
International Wildlife Museum
SCI Foundation Logo
Latest Press Releases
- Polar Bear Coolers Launches Redesigned Website
- The Buck Bomb Introduces the New Tree Hugger Wildlife Attractant
- Scentblocker Matrix With Windbrake Technology Now Available In Mossy Oak Break-Up Country
- Hunter’s Specialties New Field Dressing Kit Takes the Mess Out Of Game Care After The Shot
- Bring Bulls In For A Fight With The Rowdy Bull Elk Call From Wayne Carlton’s Calls
- Showcase Your Long Guns With Gun Racks From The New HS Cabin Collection
- Proudly Display Your Archery Gear With HS Cabin Collection Bow Racks
- Lumbar Pack Versatility with the Billy Lumbar Packs from Browning
- The MLP Solid Film Lubricant Pen from Birchwood Casey Keeps Firearms Running in the Toughest Conditions
- Cabela’s Men’s Lookout Series Available in Mossy Oak Break-Up Country
- Can-Am Off-Road Introduces the New Outlander L Mossy Oak Hunting Edition
- Cliff Keen Athletic Has Entered Into A Marketing and Licensed Merchandising Agreement With Mossy Oak