SCI Foundation Raises More Than $62,000 to Benefit Foundation Programs Including the International Wildlife Museum
Close to 250 Safari Club International members and SCI Foundation supporters gathered Friday evening August 23, 2013, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the International Wildlife Museum and over two decades of conservation education in the Tucson, Arizona area. The museum is dedicated to increasing knowledge of and appreciation for the diverse wildlife of the world, as well as explaining the role of wildlife management in conservation. Young and old alike can enjoy dioramas depicting wild animals in their natural settings, videos, interactive computers, and hands-on exhibits that promote wildlife appreciation and conservation.
Founded in 1988, the museum highlights over 400 species from around the globe. Some of the collections are more than 100 years old and all the animals found at the museum were donated by various government agencies, wildlife rehabilitation centers, captive breeding programs, zoos and individuals.
“The International Wildlife Museum reaches about 55,000 people annually---including over 20,000 school-aged children,” says Bob Benson, Executive Director of Safari Club International Foundation. “A host of displays, interactive exhibits, and educational programs help explain the role hunting plays in science-based, sustainable-use wildlife conservation.”
During the program several people spoke about the history and work of the SCI Foundation and the International Wildlife Museum. Museum officials shared the need to support their annual budget and upgrade equipment for their audio and visual capabilities.
“SCI Foundation relies on the support of generous donors and sponsors to help fund our mission-based programs including the important educational outreach of the International Wildlife Museum,” said Benson. “When our members heard about the need for funds to improve the museum, they stepped up in support and gave graciously to the educational efforts of the International Wildlife Museum.”
The 25th anniversary was held in conjunction with the SCI Board meetings. In addition, SCI chapter presidents from all over the world were in attendance for meetings and training. “The Gala celebration was an outstanding event,” said SCI Foundation President Joe Hosmer. “We were pleased so many members could be here to enjoy it.”
About the SCI Hunters’ Convention:
Safari Club expects upwards of 24,000 international hunters to visit
Las Vegas, Nevada, February 5-8, 2014. The SCI Hunters’ Convention represents
the largest and most successful event to raise money for advocacy to protect hunters’ rights. The 2014 Hunters’ Convention will be the largest in the organization’s history with nearly a million square feet of exhibits and 2,500 vendors.
Becoming an SCI Member:
Joining Safari Club International is the best way to be an advocate for continuing our hunting heritage and supporting worldwide sustainable use conservation, wildlife education and humanitarian services.
Like SCI Foundation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SCIFOUNDATIONCONSERVATION
Join SCI Foundation on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SCIFoundation
Learn more today at http://FirstForWildlife.wordpress.com
Safari Club International Foundation (SCI Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that funds and manages worldwide programs dedicated to wildlife conservation, and outdoor education. Since 2000, SCIF has provided over $50 million to these causes around the world.
Washington, District of Columbia • Ottawa, Canada • Tucson, Arizona
www.safariclub.org • www.safariclubfoundation.org
International Wildlife Museum
SCI Foundation Logo
Latest Press Releases
- Scentblocker Featherlite With Trinity Technology Now Available In Mossy Oak Break-Up Country
- Haul Meat and Other Gear with the Bull 1000 External Frame Pack from Browning
- Can-Am Off-Road Introduces the New Commander Mossy Oak Hunting Edition 1000
- Keep Important Items Protected with Electronics Case from Browning Packs
- Browning Hell’s Belles Ultra-Lite Jacket and Pant Available in New Mossy Oak Break-Up Country
- Hunters Specialties Unveils New Logo
- Delta Defense Announces Plans to Build New National Headquarters
- Rigby’s Jim Corbett Rifle(s) To Highlight SCI Convention 2016
- Diamond Archery’s Carbon Cure Now Available In All New Mossy Oak Break-Up Country
- ScentBlocker Dead Quiet Now Available In Mossy Oak Break-Up Country
- Bass Pro Shops® Redhead® Tec-Lite Shirt And Pant Now Available In Mossy Oak® Break-Up Country™
- Gunner Kennels G1 Intermediate Dog Kennel Named Top Performer in 2015 Center for Pet Safety Crate Crashworthiness Study